Monday, January 24, 2011

My Sweet Pea

Today, I feel the sting from my last miscarriage so strongly.  The second I saw the two pink lines on the pregnancy test, I became a mother.  I instantly felt an indescribable love for my tiny little bean.  My instincts to protect and love and care for my little bean were stronger than any  instincts I have ever felt.  I was attached.  I was in love.  And to lose the child I couldn't meet, but somehow loved is an indescribable and terrible pain to feel.  How do you mourn for the child you never got to meet?

{Angel of my Tears}
How do you love a person
who never got to be,
or try to envision a face
you never got to see?
How do you mourn the death of one
who never got to live.
When there's nothing to feel good about
and nothing to forgive?
I love you, my little baby,
my companion of the night.
Wandering through my lonely hours,
beautiful and bright.
What does it mean to die before
you ever were born,
to live the lovely night of life
and never see the dawn?
Ah! My little baby,
you lived like anyone!
Life's a burst of joy and pain.
And then like yours, it's done.
I love you, my little baby,
just as if you'd lived for years.
No more, no less, I think of you,
the Angel of my tears.
~Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. You couldn't have put it better. As soon as you see that you are pregnant, it's earth shattering, completely life changing.

    I'm so sorry for your losses. I hope 2011 brings you a healthy, full term pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you have had to go through two miscarriages. Your day to become a wonderful mommy will come soon and you will get to share that unconditional love you have with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, kalikarma. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ mrswalter2b - You truly are the best friend a girl could ever ask for. I am so grateful to have a friend who loves me for me and supports me in life. I don't know what I'd do without you. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete